International Universities Networking Conference (IUNC) will be hosting its North America conference in Miami from February 11-12, 2016. IUNC is supported by Universities Union of Eurasia (UUE) and Eastern European University Association (EEUA). Given the affiliations of IUNC in emerging markets, the conference offers an excellent opportunity to universities which are seeking to diversify their global engagement and internationalization strategies.
The Conference provides value at two primary levels:
1. Best practices and insights on internationalization:
I will be delivering opening keynote session at the conference on the theme of “Three Trends Shaping Global Higher Education and its Implications for Institutional Strategies.”
The parallel sessions will bring diverse perspectives from
– Brazil, Laura Ancona Lopez Freire, Director of International Relations, Universidade Paulista – UNIP
– Japan, Donald Sturge, Associate Prof, International Relations,University of Tokushima
– Mexico, Manuel Garduño, Researcher, Internationalization of HEIs, Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México
– Azerbaijan, Shahin Bayramov, Vice-Rector for International Affairs & Programs, Azerbaijan State University of Economics
2. Action-oriented networking opportunities:
One of the key features of IUNC North America 2016 is the format of prescheduled one-to-one meetings. IUNC networking e-scheduler allows participants to make appointments with potential partners in an efficient manner. So, it helps in not only gaining access to more people but also increasing the chances of building deeper relationships. Higher education institutions seeking to establish new partnerships in emerging countries are likely to benefit from having these prescheduled meetings. This will include opportunities for student recruitment, exchanges and joint degrees and research activities.
I will be blogging a follow-up update after Miami conference.
Dr. Rahul Choudaha