University World News, The MasterCard Foundation, and DrEducation partnered to host a free webinar on the role of higher education in fostering transformative leadership. It received over 1,100 registrations from around the world.
Are universities crucibles of transformative leadership?
Transformative leadership is broadly defined as a process of generating positive and lasting change. What would our university campuses look like if the transformative leadership were to become core fabric of the student life? How do we infuse transformative leadership into academic programmes and campus experiences? How do we measure and assess its impact on individuals, universities and societies? What is the role of university administrators and academics in modeling or leading the change we would like to see in our students and societies? Are universities willing and ready to bring a positive and lasting change as the crucibles of fostering transformative leadership skills within students?
- Rahul Choudaha, (Moderator) Co-founder, DrEducation, LLC & interEDGE.org, USA
- Barbara Stocking, President, Murray Edwards College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Lucia Lebasha, MasterCard Foundation Scholar, Costa Rica
- Fred Swaniker, Founder, African Leadership Academy, South Africa
- Patrick Awuah, President, Ashesi University, Ghana
- “Embracing Technology for Global Engagement: A Leadership Challenge and Opportunity” attracted over 700 registrations
- “Transnational Education: Growth at the Expense of Quality” received over 1,000 registrations