University World News will be hosting a free webinar in partnership with DrEducation, LLC on the theme of emerging trends and issues related to the growth and quality of transnational education on Tuesday, May 24, 2016.
Cross-border delivery of higher education is becoming a financial necessity for some institutions and a strategic differentiation for others. Transnational education (TNE) takes many forms ranging from joint-degrees and branch campuses to recent emergence of technology-enabled learning. While TNE has provided new opportunities for global engagement and expansion for many institutions, these models often come with challenges of quality. Is growth of TNE dependent on more flexible standards of quality? Or, are we stifling innovation in TNE by putting too many barriers for experimentation?
• Rahul Choudaha, PhD, (Chair), Principal Researcher & CEO, DrEducation, LLC & interEDGE.org
• Nigel Healey, PhD, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International) and Head of College, Nottingham Trent University
• Jason E. Lane, PhD, Vice Provost for Academic Planning and Strategic Leadership and Senior Associate Vice Chancellor, State University of New York
• Elizabeth J. Stroble, PhD, President, Webster University
• Stéphan Vincent-Lancrin, PhD, Deputy Head of Division and Senior Analyst, OECD