At the upcoming AIEA conference, Di Hu, will chair a session entitled "Intercultural Strategies for Enhancing Campus Inclusion and Student Success" on Wednesday, February 22 at 9:15am. This interactive session will bring together Senior International Officers--Amir Reza, Amy McNichols, and Torian L. Lee--to share their leadership perspectives and experiences from diverse institutional settings.
The session will engage the audience to discover and discuss intercultural programs with a focus on what works and what doesn’t. The panelists will share their institutional contexts how they are applying cost-effective, high-impact intercultural strategies to enhance intercultural competence for all student groups including international students.
- What is the role of intercultural competence in shaping student success and experience?
- What are the key strategies (programs/practices) in achieving optimal outcomes?
- Di Hu (Chair) co-founder and principal coach of interEDGE.org
- Amir Reza, Ph.D., Vice Provost, International & Multicultural Education, Babson College Panelist
- Amy McNichols, Ph.D., Associate Dean, International and Intercultural Programs, McDaniel College
- Torian L. Lee, J.D., Director, Center for Intercultural and International programs (CIIP), Xavier University of Louisiana